As the Head of Audit, you will be responsible for providing independent and objective assurance / advices to the Board Audit Committee and Senior Management. You will help the organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the quality and effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance processes.
- Maintain an effective and appropriate internal audit framework and methodology in line with Group and IIA standards.
- Prepare the risk based audit plan. Monitor the completion of the audit plan.
- Together with your team, conduct Audit assignments in all relevant areas from the bank (Risk Management, Compliance, Operations….)
- Present Audit reports (including findings and recommendations) to Auditees, Senior Management, and Board Audit Committee.
- Ensure proper follow up of Internal Audit findings and Management actions.
As Head of Internal Audit, you will lead a small Internal Audit team of 2 people.
You will have direct reporting line to the Board Audit Committee complemented with a direct hierarchical reporting line to Group Chief Audit Executive.
You are expected to meet regularly with the Chief Executive Officer to exchange information about emerging issues as well as progress related to ongoing plans and implementation of recommended actions of significant importance.
- Strong educational background, Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting. CIA/CPA preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience, ideally a mix between external audit and internal audit.
- Working familiarity within Financial Industry (Banks, Asset Management Companies).
- Proper analytical and critical mind-set.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: summarizing complex assessments into simple business terms.
- High personal standards and professional ethics.
- Sound leadership capabilities (focus on objectives, establishing priorities, allocation of resources).
- Fluent in English as well as in Dutch and French (verbal and written).